CO2 Emissions from Power Stations can be Eliminated
Fossil Fuels for Firing Power Stations can be Eliminated
CO2 Emissions from Power Stations and Furnaces can be Captured, Recycled to CH4, and Reburned again and again
NEW Technology Proven at Regensburg University Bavaria
Wasted CO2 and Steam emitted to our atmosphere by Fossil-Fuel Power Stations can all be reused
The World's scientists are futilely arguing between themselves whether Global Warming and Climate Change have resulted from human activities by the use of fossil fuels since the advent of the Industrial Revolution 300 years ago. Ignoring the solution cannot be a risk worth taking as living species depend upon the right choice for continued existence. The argument is unimportant : the elimination of the increasing polluting carbon dioxide emissions from extracted fossil-fuels is the real problem solution.
Scientists are unaware that the solution is available now. CO2 emissions are trapped and re-used by converting them back to CH4 (methane) fuel again and again instead of dumping them into our atmosphere and extracting more and more fossil-fuels for fuel.
The development of renewable energy sources is expensive and is unlikely to produce sufficient energy in time to substitute or replace the use of fossil fuels or contain global warming temperatures below the maximum 2oC increase required. Serious attempts have been implemented but their impact has not been sufficient to indicate that new coal, oil and NLG resources aren't still necessary. More fossil-fuel resources continue to be used by increasing numbers of power stations and furnaces as sources of energy.
The developed processes of CCS and CCSU are on the right track. The question and the problem are what to do with the carbon dioxide captured. This can be resolved by trapping and recycling the carbon dioxide repeatedly and using the clean energy created each time.
Many skeptics have hitherto been convinced that the laws of Thermodynamics prevent such processes from being possible viably. The new process, invented by chemical engineer Steven Wolfowitz, actually proves it can be done easily. Proven results have been obtained at Regensburg University in Bavaria, Germany after seven years of R&D.
In fossil-fueled power stations electricity obtained by burning fossil-fuels is obtained but the CO2 also produced is just dumped into our atmosphere. The carbon, which can be recycled, is just wasted. Currently:
CH4 (from all fossil fuels) + 2O2 -> CO2 (dumped into our air) + 2H2O
With the new process the Carbon, C, is not dumped into our atmosphere - it is repeatedly recycled and reburned:
CO2 -> CH4 -> CO2 -> CH4 .... etc., etc.
CO2 + 2H2O -> CH4 + 2O2
- Hydrogen, H2, produced by the gasification process already used in modern power stations, is used to convert the CO2 back into methane, CH4 by a unique special methanogenesis process (simply, the conversion of CO2 and H2 into CH4 and O2);
- The Oxygen, O2, produced during this methanogenesis process is used to re-burn the CH4 repeatedly over and over again much more efficiently than air can which produces sulphides and nitrogen oxides which just pollute our atmosphere more;
- Since the CO2 is currently a waste product which should not be dumped pollutingly into our air it can instead be donated by the power station for recycling by the new technology process. The power stations avoid penalties and help to save our planet.
- The Oxygen produced by the new technology can enhance the furnace CH4 burning process efficiency since it is 100% pure and 5 times more concentrated in oxygen than air currently used in the furnaces – at no extra cost.
- To achieve the relatively low temperatures required for the new technology the steam heat, part of which is currently wasted in the existing power stations' cooling towers, can be used to supply the process instead.
- The new technology produces Methane, (CH4), and Oxygen, (O2), simultaneously and separately, without the need for any additional expensive separation procedures.
- The new process involves a Microbiological process (it is not a Biomass Process) and since the methanogens involved multiply themselves and grow concentrations very rapidly under the technology process, this requirement is easily satisfied.
- The new technology plants can be rapidly constructed using 3D printing and other conventional engineering manufacturing processes.
- Expensive searches for more and more fossil fuels and their pollution of our atmosphere by furnaces and power stations can be eliminated.
- Electricity produced by this enhanced process is really clean energy so when used to drive electric cars, domestic requirements, etc., those uses also become clean.
- New industries and work/employment opportunities globally can be established.
The World needs to become aware of the availability of this new important new technology so it can be implemented in time.
GLOBAL PATENTS GRANTED AND PENDING
US PATENT : 9,243,264
WIPO PUBLICATION : WO 2014/016815 A2
©2014 Steven Wolfowitz